Job Search Tools
Utilizing the web should be a core component of any job search strategy. The web is peppered with scores of job sites, resume distribution and writing tools, and networking sites that can help. And because many are targeted to niche audiences (like disabled Americans), they provide job seekers access to all the resources they may need to find a job.
If you are embarking on a job search, here are several tools and resources you should utilize today.
- Retraining programs for the disabled. Continuing education is a consideration for many as they embark on their job search, and for Americans with disabilities you have access to retraining programs that may be of assistance. Contact organizations like the Americans with Disabilities National Network to find regional network centers that provide programs tailored to your specific needs.
- Disability.gov. Sponsored by several agencies and departments of the Federal Government, this site provides one-stop access to informational resources important to the disabled community, including employment, education, housing, transportation, health, and more.
- Disability Jobs Boards. A good technique to find jobs is to use search engines, and many now cater to diversity audiences, including people with disabilities. America's Job Exchange has created a specialized career zone where people with disabilities can find success in the workplace with employers. In conjunction with Accessible Employment job board, our Disability Job Exchange is tailored to the specific needs for disabled job seekers looking to find a place in today's workforce.
- Resume Writing Tools. If you are in the job search process, you will need to develop a professional resume; one which is usually tailored to each job you are looking to apply to. Access our Resume Writing Tools and let one of our professional writers create a resume and cover letter that will help open the door to your next interview... and land the job you want today. Get started.
- Resume Distribution. Use our Resume Distribution service to send and post your resume to a large network of hiring recruiters. Post once and let us distribute for you. Receive matching jobs to your registered email and access personalized job reports. Post your resume now.